Friday, May 19, 2017

Family, Fitness and Life

"Remember the vision. Even when others don't see it"- Alex Elle

I have been insanely busy the past few months, it felt like a whirlwind. And buckle up because there is so much to catch up on.

I visited my hometown Hammonton, New Jersey about a month ago. I tend to take for granted living in Vegas as time goes on but visiting home always reminds me I am where I'm supposed to be. Home comes with frustration, unsaid words, unfinished business but more importantly home comes with my amazing family. Without them I truly don't believe I would be where I am today.

My family is the best group of people on this planet. They are kind, motivational, loving and they are my best friends. I am so lucky to have these people in my life and I feel spoiled because they are all mine. They always seem to pick up my pieces, stand me up nice and tall and send me off to continue tackling life. Even sitting here typing about them I am filled with such pride and an over whelming feeling of love because I know I have the best people around on my side.

My mom-mom makes me feel like the most beautiful important girl around. She pampers me and helps me wrap my head around sticky situations that I have been through, am going through, and will face. There are not enough words or enough space to express how much of an inspiration she is to me and how much I value her opinions and care.

My aunts, where do I begin.. they are goofy, loving, crazy, fun and all of them are amazing mothers to not only their children but to me as well. The highlight of my year is hanging out with my crazy bunch.

My cousins, make me feel whole. There are no better people to pour your life experiences into then the people who grew up with you and are practically siblings. We are all growing up into the best versions of ourselves and are all on the road to becoming successful together.

I was blessed with the best and I am so dang grateful for all of my family. The DeSilvio's and the Boyer's make home one of the best places to be.

Home also shed a light on how much I have grown as a person. I have worked awfully hard to be who I am today. I have had some rough patches in my personal development but this time around going home made me realize that I love who I am bound to be. I realized I deserve more and better than what I was allowing myself to have and I learned that without my family, I am nothing.  If any of my family is reading this, you are all my heart and soul thank you so much for helping me be who I am and for loving me through the ugly parts and the beautiful ones.

Life:

As many are aware I decided I wanted to go to medical school last summer during a trip in Utah. Being pre-med is mentally exhausting and pretty brutal at times especially when you're the underdog.  I wasn't as stressed this semester as I was last semester but I had a moment in time where I broke and said 'forget this there has to be something else I can do', after about 10 minutes I laughed at that statement and kept studying for bio because I was aware there is nothing else I would rather be working for than to be a doctor. But fast forward to the weekend after that breakdown: I took a trip to Palm Springs and was out to dinner. At dinner sitting across from me was a man and his wife(we were at Hibachi) . The man was a surgeon and his wife worked in a plastic surgery wing in a hospital. During dinner we talked about his experience with medical school and pretty much his entire life. I soaked every word in. I told him I had a doubt earlier in the week and what he said back resonated with me and will stay with me for the rest of my life. Things like this make me realize I am where I need to be and I will be a doctor no matter how long or how hard I have to work to get there. And once I'm there, I will keep working as hard as I can to always be the best I can be and always provide as much as I can. This moment was one of those crazy life moments that are so coincidental its almost fate. At the end of dinner I thanked the couple and the man pointed to the sky and said,"He has plans for everyone and its obvious where you're meant to be, I am glad to be apart of that"

Academics:

After I came back to Vegas from my trip to New Jersey I was ready for the rest of my hectic semester. I completed my semester with 5 A's and a B... it is so funny, in high school that would have made me jump for joy but seeing that B made me disappointed. I know that's a great semester to have and probably the best grades I've gotten thus far (especially since they were all pre-med classes) but I want more and I know that's something I will gain in time. SO for now, this is my 'cheers' to a good semester.

  I was approached with an opportunity to help conduct research with the end goal of making a robotic prosthetic more efficient for amputee patients. I was elated. I am so grateful to be apart of this study and so overwhelmed with how great the people that I am working with are. Another cool opportunity I was presented with was to be an Undergraduate Teaching Assistant, this consists of helping in a lab that I just completed and did very well in. It is to help other students who are new to the class, need help studying or have questions during the lab. I love the idea of this position but unfortunately I am unable to accept the offer. My fall semester is jammed with hard classes and as much as I love love love helping teach and loved that lab; I need to focus on my own grades for the time being.

Currently I am in my first term for summer courses. My course is a biomechanics/anatomy class and it is full of important information I need to grasp well. It is a three week class with quizzes Monday-Thursday and then a test on the information every Friday. It is three weeks of intense work. I was nervous for this class because I have never taken a summer course before(especially not one full of a semesters worth of knowledge in 3 weeks) but today we had our first exam and I got an A and 10 points above the class average. I must say I am pretty proud. After this class I will be going straight into a 5 week Biology A& P class and immediately following that I will be taking a 5 week pre-calc class. (Wish me luck)

Fitness:

When I left for New Jersey I was the most toned and lean I have ever been. And then I came back 6 pounds heavier from my body holding onto fluid and because I may have overindulged just a little(alright maybe a lot). Coming back to Vegas I felt like a balloon and I was so discouraged. But instead of going crazy and restricting my diet I eased back into my healthy eating habits and now I can honestly say I feel  even more lean then from before I left for New Jersey. I never appreciated the healthy atmosphere I am in until I sat back and looked around. I used to be so self conscious about every little thing and it is such a FREEING feeling to be able to look at myself with pride because I sculpted my body into exactly what I wanted it to be. The best part is I enjoy the process as well, I don't restrict myself at all and I love the foods I eat. I still have those binges like everyone does (this week it was fruit and nut mix) but I work hard enough and eat 'clean' enough that my body feels so energized. I get up at 5 AM and seize the day every single day. What I have been feeling lately I wish I could sprinkle onto everyone.

Thanks for reading if I still have your attention after that novel. Before I go, I recently joined a clothing subscription company called yoga club and I am IN LOVE. They have different packages and levels but basically you get an outfit that costs around 150-180 dollars for around 45 -70 depending on the package you pick. AND I have a % off ling so for your first box you'll get 25% off your first box, you can cancel at any time and theres a points system to get money off your packages as they come. The clothing in these boxes is top of the line workout gear that you will definitely recognize the name of. My % off link is below. (not sponsored just trying to help out my fellow yoga clothing lovers)

Have an amazing day!!!!

25% off first yoga club box:
i.refs.cc/D87Ea4w4

No comments:

Post a Comment